As a charity we want to give a voice to baby loss by –
- Raising awareness and understanding of the effects of baby loss as a result of miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal death through our own, and other parents’ real-life experiences. We want to bridge the gap between the baby loss community, and those outside, by increasing understanding and reducing the fear of communication.
- Raising levels of support for people personally affected by baby loss as a result of miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal death through the provision of continuous professional development (CPD) awareness training. We are also developing a signposting toolkit that we hope to pilot with frontline health care, social care and human resources professionals.
- Providing additional support for bereaved parents through online resources. These will include sharing ours, and the experiences of other bereaved parents on our website and blog, encouraging people to communicate in a way that is comfortable for them, as well as providing podcasts and workshops. Also bereaved families will be able to access signposting for professional support services for baby loss.
- Encouraging communication to reduce the taboo of the difficult subject of baby loss through communication and campaigns to help reduce associated mental health difficulties.
- Providing direct delivery initially across North Wales, (with a plan to roll out across the rest of Wales, and then over to the North West), but with our online presence, our resources provide a national reach.